Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened frozen blueberries, partially thawed
- In a large bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Add ricotta cheese; whisk until smooth. Whisk in milk, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Make well in center of flour mixture. Add egg mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are blended. Fold in berries.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, or heat electric pancake griddle to 350. Moisten crumpled paper towel with vegetable oil; lightly oil skillet. Drop batter (1/4 c per pancake) at least 3 inches apart onto skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and small bubbles start to form on tops. Turn; cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until other side is browned. Lightly oil skillet as needed between batches; adjust heat as necessary for browning.