Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Also known as "blubarb" pie!
Top Review by Boomette
This pie is so yummy. I didn't know blueberries and rhubarb go together so well. The taste is great. And this recipe doesn't have a lot of sugar and it's perfect. The blueberries help to sweeten while the rhubarb is sour. Thanks Jackie :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups diced rhubarb
- 3 cups blueberries
- pastry dough, for double-crust 9-inch pie
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine sugars, salt and tapioca in a large bowl and mix well. Add fruit and toss until well coated.
- Mound fruit mixture in 9-inch pie pan lined with pastry dough. Top with second crust, trimming so that top crust hangs 1/2 inch beyond rim. Tuck edge of top crust under bottom crust and crimp.
- Bake 20 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° and bake an additional 25-30 minutes, until pie is golden and the juices are bubbling. Let cool 2 hours and then serve.