Recipe by DDW
This is a great way to use up the Rhubarb surplus and in about 30 minutes you have a jam supply for lots of PB&J! My kids love it! You can make a different jam by just using the jello and leaving out the pie filling but we think this is the best way. You can experiment with different jello or pie filling flavors too. It's always fun to share a container with friends or neighbors.
Top Review by Rachie P
Great recipe! I made my own blueberry pie filling using recipe # 159429, then scooped out 21 ounces for the jam. It was heavenly. Also, I reduced the sugar down to 4 cups and it was still plenty sweet. We all loved it & will totally make it again.
- 5 cups fresh rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rhubarb and water in 2-quart sauce pan or small stock pot.
- Cook over medium heat until the rhubarb is very soft.
- Add the sugar and pie filling, cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add Jell-O.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Divide into plastic or glass containers.
- Refrigerate or freeze.