Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
From Odense almond paste site, sounds a little different for a pie.
Make and share this Blueberry Rhubarb Almond Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400 F with oven rack in lowest postion. Line a sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup.
- On a lightly floured counter roll out bottom crust and line a 9 inch pie plate. Shape almond paste into a flat disk. Roll disk between waxed paper to a 9 inch circle. Press into bottom and up sides of pie shell.
- Combine sugar , cornstarch , tapioc , cinnamon , nutmeg and salt in a large bowl . Add rhubarb and blueberries. Toss to combine and pour into pie shell. Dot with butter.
- Place the top crust to cover pie and crimp edges. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Cut 3 or 4 vent holes in top crust and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes , then lower temperature to 375°F Bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden and juices are bubbling. Cool before serving.
I had rhubarb and blueberries in the freezer and needed the space....so I found this recipe by Rosered...Thanks !.....I didn't follow the recipe...because I didn't have Almond Paste...
after the fruit defrosted I drained the rhubarb, but not the blueberries. I had a Walmart brand of freezer 9" pie crust and a little bit of dough from a pie I had made 3 days ago. so I rolled out the dab (about a 1/4 cup) I had left and covered the pie with the look of home made first timer....LOL.... lattice work. I really liked the pie. It was just what I was looking for...very good.
Look at the pix....a firm pie. I will make this a gain...This way.