Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A cross between a cupcake and a muffin from "Fluffins" by Jacob Gray
- 1 1⁄2 cups wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sugar, flavored with
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- 5 teaspoons raspberry flavored syrup
- Preheat the oven to either 200 degrees C (ordinary oven) or 175 degrees C (fan oven).
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and bicarbonate soda.
- In another bowl, beat butter and sugar with en electric mixer until white and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, while beating. Add vanilla sugar, milk, lemon and lime curd. Combine. Add the flour mixture and the berries, combine everything until it’s well mixed, just make sure not to over work the mixture.
- Fill the cupcake tins up to 3/4 with the help of a spoon. Make a small hole in each cupcake (this will be quite sticky) and pour a small amount of raspberry syrup into each hole. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, depending on the size of your tins. Just make sure they won’t get dry as you want moist and nice cupcakes.