Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is one of those recipes we all have...torn out of some magazine and stuffed into a box or drawer. I truly don't remember ever making this but it sounds good!
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tablespoons cake flour, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, 2/3 cup sugar, and tapioca in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Add blueberries and lemon juice.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon colored; add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, and beat well again.
- Beat egg whites until foamy; add salt and cream of tartar, and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold into yolks; fold in flour.
- Put fruit mixture in 11/2 quart casserole; pour batter on top.
- Bake a 325 degrees about 40 minutes.