Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Like a slice of pudding. Very very moist and dense--in loaf form. Make a tasty dessert or mid-morning snack with a hot cup of tea.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries, dusted with sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In very large mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese with mixer on medium speed until creamy and blended.
- Add sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Mix until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add gradually to butter/cream cheese mixture; and blend well.
- Add blueberries; stir only to distribute. Batter will be very thick.
- Put batter into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pans for 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool.
5 stars all the way! The batter was the best stuff I've ever tasted. My only recommendation if you are going to make these is make should they are sitting on an oven shelf in the top half of the oven. The ones I had on the second shelf from the bottom turned out great on top but the bottoms are totally burnt. These are great! I'm going to try to make a lemon poppy seed version next time. Delicious.
The cream cheese really adds the final touch to this cake.It is so moist and tasty.I baked mine for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Very moist! I may have cooked mine too long because my toothpick kept pulling out wet dough. It is still nice and moist, just hope it is that way tomorrow! The taste is to die for. The smell while this was cooking was driving me crazy. An altogether wonderful experience!