Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This pudding is a light cake with a yummy blueberry sauce through it. Good plain or with whipped cream, or ice-cream. If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- Put blueberries and lemon juice in an 8"X8" baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and 3/4 cup sugar.
- Beat in milk, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- Drop all over berry mixture.
- (Berries do not have to be totally covered).
- Mix together 1 cup sugar and the cornstarch.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Pour boiling water over it all, holding a large spoon under the stream of water.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes or until done.
I thought the boiling water was wierd but with the great reviews it already received I decided to give it a try. Turned out really good! The cake part turns out crusty on top. It is a recipe I will definately be making again but I think I will cut back on the sugar as it was a bit sweet. Thank you!
Good with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I love the way the house smells when I bake this.
Yum! I love pudding cakes and with its combination of blueberries and a hint of cinnamon, this one is especially good. I think it's best served warm, whipped cream optional. A year-round treat with frozen blueberries. For those not familiar with pudding cake, the cake layer bakes on top and the fruit layer stays saucy underneath. Thanks, MaeEast, for a yummy dessert!