This was good - served warm with ice cream. It was very sweet and next time I will try less sugar in the topping.
- Toss the blueberries with cinnamon and lemon juice, and place in a greased 8 inch square cake pan.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in milk and butter.
- Spoon over berries.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch, sprinkle over batter.
- Slowly pour boiling water over all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
This was really delicious. Gooey and good! Thanks for posting.
This is a scary recipe! I assembled everything and poured over the boiling water -- and based on how it looked then, I thought, yikes, this will never work. But it did. I thought it called for way too much sugar for the topping -- so did the kids cooking with me. But it all came together wonderfully. It's not a dinner party dish -- because you can't get it out of the pan gracefully -- but it is so delicious. There was a major scuffle over who got the last piece. Dad won!