Recipe by Dib's
Great on ice cream or waffles!
Top Review by Tess Cooks
This is the second time I've made this and it turned out great both times. I cooked it on medium for about 30 minutes to reach a jam consistency and then canned it using my steam canner. Looks very pretty in jars. I used it for an ice cream topping and got raves. Its such an easy recipe that I imagine could easily use other berries instead. I will definitely use it again!
- 5 cups fresh blueberries, stemmed and washed
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large stainless pot.
- Cook to the jell point or until desired thickness is reached.
- Stir frequently.
- Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Process for 15 minutes in a boiling water bath at altitudes up to 1000 feet.