Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light. Loading with B vitamins. OAMC.
Make and share this Blueberry Power Muffins With Almond Streusel recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare muffins, lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Make a well in center of mixture. Combine yogurt, milk, oil, vanilla, and egg, stirring with a whisk. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
- Fold in blueberries. Spoon 2 rounded tablespoons batter into each of 30 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare streusel, combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, almonds, brown sugar, and butter.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in center. Cool in pans 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pans. Serve warm or at room temperature.