Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Found in Taste of Home Aug/Sept 2003
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice concentrate
- 6 cups blueberries
- In lg bowl, mix butter and sugar. Beat in extracts. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda, add to creamed mixture alternatvely with sour cream. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into two greased and waxed 9x5" loaf pans and bake at 350 for 60-65 mins or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 mins before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and cranberry juice until smooth. Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over med. heat, cook and stir 2 mins or until thickened. Server warm or cold with the pound cake.
- Note: If using frozen blueberries, don't thaw before adding to batter.