Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I received this recipe from a co-worker several years ago. I especially love it during fresh blueberry season, but it is good any time of year. Just be sure that if you use the canned blueberries that it is NOT the blueberry pie filling.
- 1 (15 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups blueberries or 1 (15 ounce) can blueberries, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients well.
- Fold in blueberries- these may be dusted with powdered sugar or flour to keep them from all sinking to the bottom.
- Bake for 1 hour in a tube or bundt pan which has been greased and floured.
- Allow cake to cool.
- Mix the glaze and drizzle over cake.
Delish - you would never know this is from a cake mix. I didn't add the frosting - it was sweet enough without! Thanks
This cake was almost too easy to make and tasted delicious! I used blueberries that I had frozen last year. I glazed half the cake with the lemon glaze and the remaining half with a vanilla glaze. Yummy!
This was very good, and simple to make. I added 1/2 tsp lemon extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. I liked the lemony taste in the cake. I did dust the berries with confectioners sugar, but the batter was so thick, I can't imagine that they would have been able to sink to the bottom (top) of the cake without the dusting. It was gobbled up in short order!