Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated fresh lemon rind
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tube or bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each use.
- Set aside.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix together the milk, extract and juice.
- Add dry and wet alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with dry.
- Mix by hand just enough to blend thoroughly without excess beating.
- Fold fresh blueberries in gently with the last addition of dry ingredients.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a sharp knife inserted all the way down comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a plate.
- Cool completely before slicing.