Recipe by Muffin Goddess
Pleasant pound cake recipe from The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook. Very nice with a cup of coffee or tea.
Top Review by Baby Kato
What a great recipe Muffin Goddess. Thank you so much for sharing this treasure. I made this cake for my friend & neighbors birthday. It was very well received, gone very quickly. The cake was a delight, perfect texture , light and tender, the flavor is out of this world good. Beautiful crumb on this tall cake. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese, softened (Neufchatel)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon low fat yogurt
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat granulated sugar, butter, and cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of flour with blueberries in a small bowl; toss to coat.
- Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into a 10-inch tube pan (angel food cake pan) coated with cooking spray.
- Sharply tap pan once on counter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove cake from sides of pan.
- Cool 15 additional minutes on wire rack; remove cake from bottom of pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; drizzle over warm cake.
- Cut into slices using a serrated knife.