Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I got this same recipe from Yankee Magazine and it is excellent. I would recommend using the fresh blueberries instead of frozen ~ the fresh taste so much better! A great summer recipe when blueberries are plentiful!
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light butter (Land O'Lakes)
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 cups fresh blueberries or 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first 3 ingredient in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine 2 Tablespoons flour and blueberries in a small bowl; and toss well.
- combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in blueberry mixture and vanilla.
- Pour batter into a 10 inch tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- BAke at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack; remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; stir well.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
- Cut with a serrated knife.
- Points: 6.