Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and healthy breakfast
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar, topping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, topping
- 3 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk, topping
- Heat water and oatmeal + pinch of salt in a sauce pan and cook until desired consistency; stir in blueberries and heat through.
- Serve topped with brown sugar, cinnamon and milk.
Excellent porridge, however the recipe does not give a cooking temperature or cooking time. I think the blueberries should be gently folded in. For English presentation, I believe it is customary to make a little well in the middle for the milk. I used Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (part Splenda, part brown sugar). We did not use all of the cinnamon-sugar topping. This had the right amount of blueberries for us. Made for The Wild Bunch of ZWT8 for its trip to Britain.
amazingly fast, simple, yummy and gets you set for the day. I used frozen wild blueberries and tossed it all into the microwave for a minute and a half.
This made a delicious breakfast this morning! I made as is except didn't measure the toppings. I added probably a bit more brown sugar since my blueberries were a little tart. This was a hearty, healthy breakfast and was perfect since I've been trying to incorporate more oatmeal in my diet. Made for I recommend tag.