Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This one takes a considerable effort (at least I think so) but it is dazzling and delicious.
Top Review by MissHermes
I modified this recipe slightly, with one that I had, and it turned out great. I added lemon zest to the crust, and everyone loved it. Also, I put the pizza in the fridge, and the next morning we all had it for breakfast and it tasted even better chilled!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 5 -6 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen, thawed and divided)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and pecans; stir to combine.
- Add in the butter; stir until well blended.
- Spread mixture into a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Place pizza pan on a wire rack to let crust cool.
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese at medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Spread mixture over cooled crust.
- Add 2 cups blueberries to a saucepan; mash.
- Stir in 2/3 cups sugar.
- Bring blueberry mixture to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 mintues.
- In a small bowl, add the cornstarch and water; whisk to blend.
- Add cornstarch mixture to the blueberry mixture.
- Bring back to a boil and boil 1 minute.
- Spread cooled blueberry mixture over cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining blueberries.