1/1 Photo of Blueberry Pizza
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe (along with the recipe for the crust) was found in the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts. Preparation time does not include the time needed for the dough to chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE CURST
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE FILLILNG
- 1FOR THE DOUGH: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, zest & salt, then with a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2In a small bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, egg yolk, water & vanilla extract, then add this mixture to the flour mixture & stir with a fork just until the dough begins to come together when a small bit is pressed between your fingers.
- 3Shape the dough into a disk, then wrap in wax paper & refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- 4Position a rack in the middle of the oven & preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, then generously butter a large baking sheet.
- 5Place the dough on a lightly floured sheet of wax paper, then top that with another sheet of wax paper & roll out the dough to a 10-inch circle.
- 6Remove the top sheet of paper, transfer the dough, paper side up, to the prepared baking sheet, & then remove the remaining sheet of wax paper.
- 7Fold in the edge of the dough to make a 1/2-inch rim, before baking the crust for 15 minutes.
- 8FOR THE FILLING: Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together just 2 pints of the blueberries with the sugar & zest, then pour this mixture onto the warm crust.
- 9Bake for another 45 minutes, then top the pizza with the final 1/2 pint of berries & bake 10 minutes longer.
- 10Remove the pizza from the oven & put the baking sheet with the pizza on a wire rack to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- 11Cut the pizza into wedges & serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.5
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 117.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g