Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I get fresh blueberries from my mom every year and am always looking for new ways to use them. Found this recipe in "The Church Supper Cookbook." I've also made this omitting the pineapple and using 1 cup of blueberries. Best eaten within 24 hours. Credited to Arlene Gilman, Woodstock Baptist Church, Woodstock, NH.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (any kind)
- Combine sugar and egg; cream with butter. Add pineapple juice.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder, and add to sugar mixture; stir in pineapple, blueberries and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-inch loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.