1 hr 10 mins
Nita Holleman's Note:
An original dessert creation of Nita Holleman. Combines easy to mix ingredients in a delicious croissant pudding or pie. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray (as Mazola)
- 6 bakery plain croissants
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon, about
- 1.23 ml apple pie spice, about
- 28.34 g can comstock more fruit premium blueberry pie filling, divided
- 28.34-233.88 g delmonte crushed pineapple in syrup or 28.34 g can delmonte fresh cut pineapple chunks in juice, divided and juice reserved
- 1 lemon, juice of, fresh
- 2 large fresh eggs, beaten
- 158.51 ml half-and-half cream, divided, approximately
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
- sugar or Splenda sugar substitute, as needed
- 88.74 ml butter
- 28.34-56.69 g Grand Marnier or 4.92 ml brandy extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray 2 quart rectangular oven casserole dish with butter spray.
- 3Slice croissants crosswise in half.
- 4Place bottom half in dish.
- 5Reserve tops.
- 6Pour enough half-and-half over croissants in the dish to almost cover them.
- 7Spoon about 1 tablespoon blueberry pie filling on each croissant half in the dish.
- 8Reserve about 1/4 can of the filling in a small sauce pan. Set aside.
- 9With a slotted spoon, spoon some of the drained pineapple on top of the pie filling.
- 10Reserve several tablespoons pineapple and add it to the reserved pie filling (above).
- 11Reserve syrup or pineapple juice from can and set it aside.
- 12Spread fruit over croissant halves already in the bottom of the dish and place top halves of croissants in the dish.
- 13In a small bowl with a wire whip make a sauce by whisking together 2 eggs, 1/3 cup half-and-half, reserved pineapple juice or syrup, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, plus 2 to 4 Tablespoons less sugar or artificial sweetener such as Splenda.
- 14Pour this over all.
- 15Press down gently on the croissants with the back of a spoon so that they absorb the sauce.
- 16Sprinkle with cinnamon, apple pie spice and dot with butter patties.
- 17Bake about 40 minutes at 350°F or until liquid absorbs and croissants are golden brown.
- 18Serving Sauce: When ready to serve, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining pie filling, pineapple, 2 Tablespoons butter and 1 or 2 ounces Grand Marnier Brandy.
- 19Sweeten to taste.
- 20Heat slowly over low heat while stirring gently to combine and prevent sticking.
- 21Allow sauce to thicken slightly and spoon on top of Pudding Pie.
- 22Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pineapple Croissant Pudding or Pie
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.9
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 149.1 mg
- Sodium 540.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apple pie spice