Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great for breakfast or brunch.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, oil and eggs.
- Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately to sugar mixture, stirring after addition.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- For blueberry topping stir together all ingredients for topping.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This made the cut for the annual "What to bring to the In-Laws for Easter Dinner" problem. the directions were perfect and the ingredients were right on. The only thing I might change next time is to try to substitute some applesauce for the oil, but that's just my personal preference to try to make my family eat healthier! I wish I could say I made this for PAC 09, but I missed adopting you carolinafan ! Thanks for sharing!