Recipe by Studentchef
It's a pie that kind of looks like a cake but is not. It's definetely not a traditional looking pie as I used a springform pan for this recipe. You can use a 9" springform pan, or you can use a deep dish pie pan or quiche pan of the same size. Since I haven't used gelatin in such a long time I looked at other recipes that used gelatin to give me ideas on how to use it. It turned out beeter than I thought. Cooking time includes refrigeration.
Top Review by MommaEllen
While this doesn't look like a cake to me, this is a really great tasting blueberry dessert. I halved the recipe and used a 8x8 cake pan. The recipe is very easy to make. If you don't have access to mascarpone cheese, use recipe#4543. I think next time I make this I will bake the graham crackers for only 3 minutes and add more blueberries (personal preference!), but otherwise it is great as it is written. Thank you for sharing!
- 1 1⁄3 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white granular sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄2 cups mascarpone cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix the crushed graham crackers with the cinnamon, 2 teaspoon of sugar and melted butter. Spread it over the bottom of a 9" springform pan, deep dish pie pan or quiche dish. Bake for 6 minutes then set aside to cool.
- In a small saucepan combine the blueberries with 1/2cup water and 1/2 cup of sugar. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, then let it simmer over low heat until it bexcomes a coulis. Stir often to avoid the sauce sticking to the bottom of the sauce pan. Let cool.
- In the meantime (while the blueberry coulis is cooling), mix the gelatin with warm water and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix the marscapone cheese with the blueberry coulis. Once properly mixed, add the gelatin mixture and and mix again. Very quickly add the whipped cream half a cup at a time, mixing thoroughly each time.
- Pour over the baked graham crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Serve either cold or at room temperature.