Recipe by the80srule
If you're not as into the health-ified blueberry pie recipe I have up (Easy-As-Pie Blueberry Pie Filling) and prefer it sweet instead of tart, you might like this one as it also calls for frozen blueberries-- they're really a MUST for this because of that defrosted blueberry juice! I estimated 20 ounces because the last time I made this, one bag didn't seem to be enough so I added about 1/3-1/2 cup more frozen blueberries from an open bag I had. Light or dark brown sugar can be used, I used light.
- 20 ounces frozen blueberries, defrosted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (approx, I shook some in)
- 1 pinch ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure your 16-oz bag of blueberries is good and defrosted! If you need extra, it's okay if you use ones that are still frozen-- I made it that way, the rest need to be thawed with that blueberry juice floating around in the pot.
- Empty the blueberries, juice and all, into a heavy-bottom saucepan for easy dispersion with the brown sugar on medium heat. It's okay if your brown sugar is lumpy/hard.
- Stir around until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Add the spices to your liking to the mix, namely cinnamon.
- Add the cornstarch and stir in well.
- Keep the heat on low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, and stir well again, it should have a nice thick glue-like consistency.
- It's ready to serve over something like white cake and ice cream! Can also be refridgerated for about a week. For pie baking, simply pour into a pre-baked or homemade 9 or 10 inch pie shell and pat down evenly and add your own pie crust or streusel topping.