2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 50 mins
You can make the pastry dough a day ahead. Recipe is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 88.74 ml cold butter, cut in small pieces
- 88.74 ml trans-fat free shortening
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 44.37-59.16 ml cold water
- 1Make pastry: In food processor, pulse flour with butter and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 2With motor running, add lemon juice, then water, 1 T at a time, just until dough leaves sides of bowl; remove blade, then dough.
- 3Gather dough into a ball and divide in half.
- 4Press each half into a disk.
- 5Wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to roll out.
- 6Place sheet of foil on bottom rack, heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 7You'll need a 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick spray.
- 8Roll out 1 disk on lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of waxed paper to 12 inch circle.
- 9Fit dough into pie plate, pressing gently onto bottom and up sides.
- 10Roll out remaining disk as above into an 11-inch circle; cut into 1-inch wide strips.
- 11Filling: Toss blueberries with lemon juice and vanilla in large bowl.
- 12Mix sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in small bowl until blended; toss with berries until coated.
- 13Spoon into lined pie plate; dot with butter.
- 14Arrange 5 dough strips across pie.
- 15Arrange remaining 5 strips at right angles, weaving if desired.
- 16Gently press ends into bottom edge, fold under and crimp.
- 17Brush strips with water, sprinkle with sugar.
- 18Place pie on center oven rack, bake 25 minutes.
- 19Reduce oven temperature, to 350 degrees, rotate pie 180 degrees and bake 40-50 minutes more (shield pie with foil if crust gets too brown) until crust is golden and filling bubbles.
- 20Cool on wire rack.
- 21Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Pie A' La Mode
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 73.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
trans-fat free shortening