Recipe by Richard-NYC
My aunt brought this yummy pie to my house last week. She got the recipe out of a magazine and rattled the recipe off the top of her head. I gave it a test drive today and it was perfect! Note chilling time is included in cook time.
- 4 cups blueberries (washed and picked over)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 egg yolks (beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch (divided)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 deep dish pie shell (baked and cooled)
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan mix milk, yolks, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens stirring constantly.
- Transfer to shallow dish and cover surface with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile in 3 quart-saucepan stir 1 cup of berries with 2/3 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons corn starch and one cup of water.
- Heat to boiling over high heat.
- Cook 2 minutes to thicken stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and remaining butter.
- Cool slightly and fold in remaining berries.
- Spread chilled custard into pie shell.
- Top with berry mixture and refrigerate for 3 hours until set.