Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
by Elizabeth Baird of the Canadian Living Test Kitchen.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 5 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar (approx)
- Crust: In large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Using pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Pat firmly in even layer over bottom and up sides of 10-inch (25 cm) flan or quiche pan with removable base, or 1/2 inch (1 cm) up side of same-size pie plate. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden.
- Filling: Reserve 2 cups (500 mL) of the berries. Combine sugar with flour and cinnamon. In large bowl, lightly toss sugar mixture with remaining berries. Spoon into crust; cover edges of crust with strips of foil. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden brown.
- Let cool on rack. Just before serving, remove sides of pan, transfer to serving plate and pour reserved berries evenly over pie. Using sieve, dust surface evenly with icing sugar.
this was delicious! i really liked the cinnamon in it.