I love the taste of mouth watering Fresh Blueberry Pie! Yum! This blueberry pie is probably the best I have ever tasted. I hope you will enjoy it, too! I do not use the refrigerated pie crust when making this pie, I use Classic Pie Crust, Idiot Proof Step-By-Step Photo Tutorial. A NOTE to those who have made this pie before, I have increased the amount of flour in the ingredients list from 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup.
- SPRINKLE berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- FIT half of pastry in a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions.
- COMBINE 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- UNFOLD remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.