Recipe by Bayhill
From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook.
Top Review by Patric
This recipe made a lovely pie. I used Splenda as a sweetener and used heaping cups of berries.
The egg yoke wash made the pastry shiny and it browned to a lovely shade. I did increase the flour by l/2 tablespoon and the filling was not at all runny.
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked double pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh, frozen or drained canned)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, salt and flour. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture over bottom pie crust. Cover with blueberries. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over blueberries. Sprinkle with lemon juice; dot with butter.
- Place top crust over filling; fold top crust under bottom crust. Flute edge as desired. Brush top pastry with egg yolk. Bake 30 minutes.