Top Review by Kate Newell
I've made these at least six times...I took them to a party, and to work, and everyone raves about them! Be sure to bake them long enough, or the center will be sticky. I've doubled the main recipe and used a 13" X 9" pan, and they are great!
Base and Topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven to 350°.
- Line an 8" square baking pan with foil, letting ends extend above pan on 2 sides.
- In a large bowl, mix oats, flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add melted butter and stir with a fork until evenly moistened (mixture will be crumbly). Reserve 1/2 cup crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture evenly and firmly over bottom of ungreased, foil-lined pan. Bake 12 minute to set crust.
- Filling: In a small saucepan stir berries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice over med. heat until simmering.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until juices are no longer cloudy, about 2 minute.
- Spoon over crust. Crumble reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Bake for 30 minute.
- Let cool completely in pan.
- Lift foil by ends onto a cutting board.
- Peel off foil; cut into 2" squares.