Recipe by TheGrumpyChef
This is a real treat at our house. I don't make them often, but when I do it is usually for the kids' sleepovers. Source: Prevention's Eat Up, Slim Down cookbook.
Top Review by Sam #3
Wonderful breakfast-for-supper treat! Next time I will have DH make them as I can not cook pancakes nicely to save my life, but there definitely will be a next time! I made as the recipe stated except using oatmeal in place of the oat bran. I think next time I will leave out the pecans too. They were a great flavour combo for DH and I, but the kids were a little weirded out by crunchy things in their pancakes lol
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oat bran pecans, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine molasses and water. Stir in yogurt, eggs, and oil.
- Pour molasses mixture into flour mixture. Mix just until moistened. Gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls into the skillet, making a few at a time.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, or until bubbly and the edges look dry.
- Turn and cook 1 minute, or until underside is golden.
- Serve immediately.