Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Perfect for summer get togethrs, and a great way to cleanse your palate after a bbq. Serve alone or with vanilla ice cream to get the full crumble experience. Adapted from "Young and Hungry" by Dave Lieberman.
- 4 ounces pecan pieces (about 1 cup, can use other nuts like walnuts)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt (a couple pinches)
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 2 pints fresh blueberries (4 cups)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Put all the topping ingredients in a bowl and rub together with your hands until the mixture sticks together in small clumps.
- Pour the bluberries into a 9" x 13" baking dish. Squeeze the lemon juice over the berries. Sprinkle the flour and sugar over them and toss until berries are coated.
- Scatter the topping over the berries in an even layer.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown and the berry juice is bubbling up through the topping, about 45-50 minutes.