Recipe by jenny butt
This is another diabetic recipe from the Diabetes cookbook (DK books in association with Diabetes Australia). I was requested to post by fellow Aussie Zaarite.
- 150 g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 g margarine
- 60 g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1 orange, juice and zest of, grated
- 3 drops almond essence
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon demerara sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Lightly grease a deep 20cm (*in) cake tin and line it with baking parchment.
- Put the flour, baking powder, margarine, almonds, eggs, orange zest & juice and almond essence in a large bowl and beat them together thoroughly.
- Fold the pears and blueberries into the mixture. Spoon it into the prepared cake tin and sprinkle with the demarara sugar. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool the cake in the tin on a wire rack. Stored in an airtight container, it will keep for up to a week.