Rice Krispy Treats with a fruity twist. You can vary the fruit combinations to suit your tastes. Instead of the dried peaches, try dried apples, pears, or mango. And any dried berry you prefer will work.
- Before you begin, have ready a 9x13" pan lined with wax paper, lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and marshamllows in a large pot, cooking and stirring over medium low heat until melted together (stirring constantly).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cereal and dried fruits.
- Spread mixture into the prepared pan and pat down so that it is even, using a greased spatula.
- Allow to cool completely, then cut into 20 small squares.
Something so simple, you've made a favorite treat into something special. I used chopped apricots, next time think I'll add some toasted walnut pieces as well. Or even some toasted coconut, OHHH ideas are whirling in my head, can't wait to make more. Thanks so much for sharing