2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Use fresh ripe peaches and fresh blueberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) prepared unbaked pie shells, refrigerated
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, picked over for stems
- 3 cups peeled pitted and sliced ripe fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
Pecan Crumb Topping
- 1Place prepared pie crust (one that has been rolled out, placed in 9-inch pie pan, and edges crimped/fluted) in the freezer for 15 minutes; preheat oven to 400°.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, peaches, ½ cup sugar, lime juice, and lime zest; mix well and then set aside for 10 minutes.
- 3In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir this mixture into the fruit mixture.
- 4Turn the filling into the chilled pie crust; smoothing the top with a spoon or your hands; place the pie on the center oven rack and bake for 30 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, to make the topping—combine the flour, pecans, sugar, and salt in a food processor; pulse several times to chop the nuts coarsely.
- 6Scatter the butter over the top and pulse again until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 7Sprinkle the milk over the mixture and pulse again briefly.
- 8Transfer the topping to a bowl and rub it between your fingers to make damp, gravelly crumbs; refrigerate until ready to use.
- 9Remove the pie from the oven and decrease temperature to 375°; carefully dump the crumbs in the center of the pie; spreading them evenly over the surface with your hands.
- 10Tamp them down lightly; return pie to oven, placing it so that the part that faced the back of the oven now faces forward.
- 11Slide a large foil-lined baking sheet onto the rack below to catch any drips.
- 12Continue to bake 30-40 minutes until the juices bubble thickly around the edge.
- 13If necessary, cover the pie with loosely tented foil for the last 15 minutes to keep the top from getting too brown.
- 14Transfer pie to a wire rack; let cook for at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Peach Pie With Pecan Crumb Topping
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 633.0
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 257.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 52.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of