Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A beautiful fresh tasting blueberry peach pie and a simple pastry recipe! Pipe little whipped cream rosettes around the edge of the pie for a nice presentation. Source: Marie Nightingale, Saltscapes Magazine
- To make crust: With a fork, mix flour, salt and oil until all the flour is moistened.
- Sprinkle with water, a tablespoon at a time, and toss until all water is absorbed.
- Gather mixture into a ball.
- Press into a 9" pie plate, covering bottom and sides; make a neat edge around the pastry.
- Prick bottom and sides thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned. Set aside to cool before filling with fruit mixture.
- Filling: In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add gelatin; stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and blueberries.
- Add cooled gelatin mixture; toss gently to coat the fruit.
- Spoon into a baked 9" pastry shell.
- Place in refrigerator to chill for 1 hour or until set.
- Serve with a spoonful of sweetened whipped cream.
- Chill time is not included in prep time.
- The chef recommends using well-drained canned peaches and frozen blueberries if you do not have fresh available. I have used canned peaches and reduced the amount of sugar to 1/2 cup, it was perfect.
This is a great recipe. I used frozen peaches and blueberries, and this worked great.