Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Summer fruits in cute puff pastry cut-outs.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (2 sheets)
- 1⁄3 cup peach preserves
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh peach (or thawed frozen peaches)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°; line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface.
- Using a floured 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut pastry into about 20 heart shapes (do not re-roll scraps).
- Place pastry hearts on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and golden; cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and lemon zest; heat and stir until melted; cool.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine peaches and blueberries; add in melted preserve mixture and gently toss; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla using an electric mixer on med-high speed until fluffy.
- Assemble pastries: cut pastry hearts in half horizontally with a serrated knife.
- Spread each of the bottom halves with about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture.
- Top each with a spoonful of fruit mixture and a pastry top.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
- Just before serving, lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.