Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a lovely, refreshing summer dessert. It's quite quick and easy to make, and filled with zippy flavours and textures. One of my favourites.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 the limes, juice of
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 fresh ripe peaches
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, beaten stiff
- Put the eggs, the lime juice, the sugar, the corn starch and the butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Blanch, peel and slice the peaches.
- Wash and drain the blueberries.
- Arrange the peach slices, blueberries, and lime curd alternately by spoonfuls in parfait glasses or individual glass serving bowls.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Absolutely wonderful, Jenny. This is now one of my summertime favorites: tongue-tingling tart, honey sweet (I subbed honey for the sugar) and beautiful to look at. It only took me about twenty minutes to put this together and then, of course, time to chill - so easy.