Recipe by Sharon123
A make ahead, freezable, kid friendly recipe from Julianna Grimes, Cooking Light- August 2011. Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these almost as soon as I'd tagged 'em & had my first treat very early this morning! Really, really like the combo of fruit flavors in these, & I know they aren't gonna last very long at all, which means that as soon as another peach has ripened . . . Very nice cool treats! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup peeled pitted, and sliced peach (about 1 large peach)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream (to make this vegan use coconut cream)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, and berries in a food processor, and process until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine-mesh sieve over a bowl, pressing to extract juices, and discard solids.
- Place the remaining 1 tablespoon juice and peach in a food processor; process until smooth. Place cream in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Stir one quarter of whipped cream into peach mixture. Gently fold remaining cream into peach mixture; chill.
- Divide half of the blueberry mixture evenly among 10 (4-ounce) ice-pop molds. Top with lid. Freeze 25 minutes or until set.
- Uncover and top each serving with peach mixture; top with lid. Insert craft sticks into center of each mold; freeze for 25 minutes or until set. Uncover and top each serving with remaining blueberry mixture.
- Freeze for 4 hours or until thoroughly frozen.