Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe makes two galettes, but I usually halve it. Great use for fresh beries and peaches, but frozen can also be used. From Cooking Light. Super simple because it calls for refrigerated, purchased pie crusts. Of course, you could also make your own. I substitute Splenda and sugar free apricot preserves.
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie dough
- 6 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves, melted and divided
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Roll 1 dough portion into a 12 inch circle and place on foil.
- Cmombine peaches, blueberries and 1/4 sugar.
- Arrange half of peach mixture in center of dough, leaving a 3-inch border.
- Fold edges of dough toward center, pressing gently to seal. (Dough will only partially cover peach mixture).
- Bursh half of melted preserves over peach mixture and deges of dough.
- Repeat with second dough portion.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake an additional 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Serve warm or at woom temperature.
- each galette makes 8 servings.