Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came to be because blueberries and peaches are in season during the same time. You can make substitutions of pears, apples or apricots for the peaches and the blueberries if preferred. I hope you will enjoy this dessert from Legal Seafood.
- 5 peaches or 5 nectarines, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh orange zest, minced
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- heavy cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix together peaches, blueberries, orange juice and zest.
- Place fruit in buttered 9" pie pan or 8" square baking pan; set aside.
- Combine flour and brown sugar, then cut in 2 TBSP butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles small crumbs the size of peas.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over fruit and dot with remaining 1 TBSP butter.
- Bake until peaches are cooked through and top is lightly browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Serve either hot or cold, topped with a drizzle of heavy cream, if desired.
- Also good with vanilla ice cream.
This was extremely easy to make, & tasty, too! Will admit the peaches that I used were just barely ripe. so a little later in the season I want to make this again! Still, I enjoyed the combo of the peaches & blueberries! Wonderful warm, but also great chilled! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag]