Recipe by Lainey39
This is a recipe from Sunny Anderson on Food Network. I saw her prepare this recipe on her show and wanted to save it here to try in the near future. It looks delicious and easy.
Top Review by Southern Lady
I'm not rating as I changed the recipe a tad by using an upper and lower crust in a deep dish pie pan. I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon and used half white sugar and the other half Splenda Brown sugar. The egg wash made a beautiful finish. Fruit was perfect - not mushy at all & it went together quickly. Yummy! Thanks for sharing as I had extra fruit and needed to use.
- 1 prepared refrigerated pie crust, sheet
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen peaches, slightly thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- sugar cube, crushed for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll pastry to fit a 2-quart oval baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and blueberries.
- Mix in flour, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and butter cubes.
- Pour into the baking dish and cover with pastry.
- Using a fork, cut off excess dough and create a decorative edge by pressing tines along edge of pan and pushing down.
- With a paring knife, cut 3 slices on top of the pastry to vent.
- Brush on egg wash and dust with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown on top and edges are bubbling, about 45 to 50 minutes.