Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a recipe from Sunny Anderson on Food Network. I saw her prepare this recipe on her show and wanted to save it here to try in the near future. It looks delicious and easy.
- 1 prepared refrigerated pie crust, sheet
- 2 (1 lb) bags frozen peaches, slightly thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- 1 egg, mixed with 1 tablespoon water, for egg wash
- sugar cube, crushed for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll pastry to fit a 2-quart oval baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches and blueberries.
- Mix in flour, sugar, nutmeg, vanilla and butter cubes.
- Pour into the baking dish and cover with pastry.
- Using a fork, cut off excess dough and create a decorative edge by pressing tines along edge of pan and pushing down.
- With a paring knife, cut 3 slices on top of the pastry to vent.
- Brush on egg wash and dust with sugar.
- Bake until golden brown on top and edges are bubbling, about 45 to 50 minutes.
I'm not rating as I changed the recipe a tad by using an upper and lower crust in a deep dish pie pan. I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon and used half white sugar and the other half Splenda Brown sugar. The egg wash made a beautiful finish. Fruit was perfect - not mushy at all & it went together quickly. Yummy! Thanks for sharing as I had extra fruit and needed to use.