A recipe from Bon Appetit, Summer 2002. Different twist for batter using the cake flour. It makes a more crepe'like' pancake. Looks really pretty, very white. Cooking these in a very small round pan will give you perfectly round pancakes. My family loves these with jam! NurseDi's (On Zaar) Strawberry pancakes are still are top favourite, those are fluffy traditional pancakes. These ones are nice for a little variety.
- 1 cup cake flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (with the texture of these cakes it tastes better with all this sugar)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk (You can use a low fat milk and one cup whipping cream or half and half for a thicker batter. This el)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 pints blueberries
- oil, to cook pancakes
- jam or maple syrup
- Note: These cook really beautifully with little oil in a non-stick pan. Easy to flip and don't make a gooey mess.
- Sift and whisk all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk milk & eggs in separate bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually whisk milk mixture into dry ingredients. (Try not to over-mix, just until blended).
- Mix in 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- Heat skillet and add oil to skillet, pour in 1/4 cup batter& sprinkle each pancake with 1 tbsp of blueberries.
- Cook until surface is bubbly and turn over until second side is browned.