Recipe by Steph_40135
A seriously delicious recipe. We pick our wild blueberries here in August, and freeze 75% of our pickings. They are smaller (not tiny), making them perfect for these pancakes. Recipe is from The Milk-Free Kitchen.
- 236.59 ml white flour
- 44.37 ml white sugar
- 11.09 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 36.97 ml margarine
- 177.44 ml water
- 1 eggs or 29.58 ml water
- 118.29 ml fresh blueberries or 118.29 ml frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt together into medium mixing bowl.
- Melt 2 1/2 Tbsp margarine in frying pan until melted; Be sure to tip the pan side to side to coat/grease all over.
- Pour melted margarine in a small bowl, add water and egg (if you want to add egg); Mix well.
- Mix blueberries with dry ingredients, just before adding the liquids.
- Stir liquid mixture into the dry ingredients until it is thoroughly moistened; It is OK if this batter is lumpy.
- Cook the pancakes over medium-high heat on the stove-top (or 375F on electric frying pans); Cook pancakes until the tops are bubbly and the bottoms browned; Turn the pancakes over to cook other side (Approxiamtely four minutes per side).
- Serve hot with margarine, honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- Actual cooking time will depend on the size of the pan you are using; I have a small frying pan, so I have to do these individually; My mom has a griddle large enough to cook them all at once.