Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Blueberry Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries, preferably wild, rinsed and dried
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl to combine.
- Whisk egg and melted butter into milk until combined.
- Make well in center of dry ingredients in bowl; pour in milk mixture and whisk very gently until just combined (a few lumps should remain). Do not over mix.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes; add 1 teaspoon oil and brush to coat skillet bottom evenly.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter on skillet; sprinkle 1 tablespoon blueberries over pancake.
- Cook pancakes until large bubbles begin to appear, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes then flip. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, and repeat with remaining batter, using remaining vegetable oil only if necessary.
This will forever be my 'go to' recipe for pancakes. I will commit it to memory so that in the God-forbidden event I lose all of my recipes, I will still be able to make the best pancakes in the world! These are light and ridiculously fluffy. Giant, thick pancakes - PERFECT! The flavor is mild - just right to balance a little bit of syrup. A touch of cinnamon is the perfect compliment to the blueberries. I would serve these to Chef Gordon Ramsey himself! (Course I would top them with my Orange Cream first) So worth whatever effort [love] you put into them! I got 4 six-inch pancakes and 4 four-inch pancakes out of the batter - but they were 1/2 inch thick. Mmmmmm.
Hot and fluffy, these are some majorly delicious pancakes! I used sour milk instead of buttermilk and adjusted the batter with a little extra flour. And I used approximately 20% whole wheat flour. Thanks for sharing a great recipe I will definitely go to again!
Here's a great blueberry pancake recipe! I made half the recipe for my family of three for dinner last night and served with maple sausage link - it was plenty for us. I used fresh blueberries, which were a yummy treat at the dinner table last night. Like WI Cheesehead noted, this babies fluff up right before your very eyes in the skillet!! Great texture and flavor!