Recipe by Michael Wodnicki
A great healthy alternative to traditional blueberry pancakes. I found this recipe on the Biggest Loser Club. It works well with sugar free, low-calorie syrup for a truely healthy start to your day. I served it with two strips of turkey bacon.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
These turned out great for us. I liked the combination of wheat flour & buttermilk. For part of the flour I added some bran/wheat germ & a Tbsp of bisquick. With the egg white I found the pancakes were light & fluffy, & not dense/heavy, even though wheat flour was used. Great recipes, thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour or 1⁄2 cup whole grain oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries or 1⁄2 cup frozen blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the buttermilk, flour, egg white, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Whisk just until blended. Stir in the blueberries.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour the batter in 1/8-cup dollops onto the skillet to form 3 pancakes. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the tops and the bottoms are golden brown. Flip. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until browned on the bottom. Serve immediately.
- Preparation time includes time for batter to rest.