Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a some what healthy recipe for pancakes, using fresh blueberries.
- 2 cups Bisquick (Heart Smart)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup blueberries (Fresh or frozen can be used, though I prefer using fresh. Use more or less blueberries depending on)
- cooking spray (Any brand of cooking spray will work fine)
- Stir together all ingredients, minus the blueberries, with a whisk until well blended. Once well blended you may stir in the blueberries.
- Place a skillet over high heat on a stove, spraying the pan/skillet with cooking spray.
- Reduce heat to medium once pan/skillet is hot. Pour a 1/4 of a cup of the pancake batter onto the center of the skillet. You may also use a large serving spoon, which works just as well. Allow pancake to sit until bubbles begin to pop on top (they look like tiny holes on top of the pancake).
- Lightly spray the top of the pancake with cooking spray (before you flip it). This is just added protection so it does not stick to the pan. Once ready, flip the pancake over with a spatula allowing it to sit for 2 minutes. I find that everyone's stove top varies heat wise, so just use your own judgement as far as how long to let it sit goes.
- Once pancake is done cooking transfer to a plate. You can continue transferring all of the pancakes to this one plate.
- Serve while hot with your favorite syrup.
Lovely golden brown and delicious pancakes with blueberries in every bite. Veruy easy to make and great cooking instructions. Made for Fall 2009 My 3 Chefs.