Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Our favorite recipe slightly modified from King Arthur Flour's. I sometimes use a mix of white and whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2-1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Beat together milk and egg.
- Blend dry ingredients and milk/egg mixture.
- Pour 1/4 - 1/3 cup pancake mixture per pancake onto hot nonstick griddle or frying pan.
- Add blueberries to each pancake (pack in a lot).
Yum. I am not sure what the flaxseed did, but these did seem maybe a bit springier than other pancakes. They puffed up a LOT, so much that I had to cook very carefully to make sure they cooked through without scorching. I did substitute yogurt mixed with milk for the buttermilk, but I do that often in recipes. I think this is 8 very small servings, or fewer larger ones.