Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe uses powdered stevia as the sweetener. It has whole blueberries and looks nice on top of pancakes. This is modified from one I found on the web. I made this mildly sweet, but if you prefer a much sweeter syrup, then you may want to add a bit more stevia powder or maybe add a low carb flavored syrup.
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries (frozen Wild Maine Blueberries)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, using a whisk to mix.
- Combine cornstarch and 2 Tbl water, then pour into blueberry mixture.
- Mix until thickened.
This is a must when you make Healthy Pumpkin Seed Pancakes - Flourless and Low Carb#298156 I made it with frozen mixed berries and splenda and had a very nice breakfast. I think this recipe could be used with other recipes also it was very nice and still quite tart witch I prefer. I will be making this again. Thank you for posting. Made for honor thy Mother the diabetic forum May 2011.