Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Blueberry pancakes have to be my favorite. Great for taking camping or as a gift.
Make and share this Blueberry Pancake Mix in a Gift Jar recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Pour into 1 pint wide mouth jar with tight fitting lid and pack down lightly. Layer maple sugar and dried blueberries attractively. Pack down lightly before adding each layer.
- Seal jar.
- Cover top of jar with fabric. Attach gift tag/recipe with raffia or ribbon. Attach large spatula if desired.
- Add instructions - melt butter in large heavy bottomed skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour into medium bowl leaving thin film of butter on skillet.
- Mix beaten egg and milk into butter in bowl; set aside.
- Pour Blueberry Pancake into large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add liquid mixture and stir to mix (Do not beat).
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of batter into skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Dust with powdered sugar (optional).
This is an excellent recipe. After filling up the jar and taking the photo, I mixed it all up and used half of the mixture. I would sift the flour, baking powder and salt together first before putting it into the jar. This is a treat to have for breakfast. I recommend placing the 1/4 cup of batter off centre in frying pan first before finishing the pour in the centre. This is to keep the blueberries spread around instead of huddled in the centre discussing kitchen politics.
Absolutely Fantastic. They are wonderful and crispy with just the right amount of sweetness!
I changed a few things like using powdered buttermilk for the milk